- Course Title: UVC Disinfection Technology in the Post-Coronavirus World
- Course Date/Time: Thursday March 4, 11:00-12:00pm EST
- AIA Info: 1 LU|HSW Credit, Course No. PLC2101
- Course Cost: Free
- Registration Link: Register Here or Below
- Course Overview: The Coronavirus pandemic has put into stark relief the critical role high-traffic facilities possess in the spread of outbreaks. As such, new building trends emphasize implementing pathogen-containment measures to mitigate risk. Ultraviolet light in the bandwidth of 200-280nm, known as UV-C, is a time-tested tool for disinfection of pathogens that may be integral to ensuring tomorrow’s buildings are safer for occupants. In this webinar, you will learn about the latest and most applicable UVC technologies, their proper use, and where to best apply differing technologies.
Topics in this introductory course include…
1) A background on UVC including what UVC light is, how it disinfects, and the importance of UVC light in post-coronavirus buildings.
2) UVC best practices including mitigating risk and maximizing the efficiency of UVC implementation, and factors to consider to achieve proper disinfection (i.e. light intensity, application time, etc.).
3) An overview of major UVC technologies (different wavelengths, lamp technologies, etc.) and systems (whole-room, upper-air, HVAC air purification, hybrid, etc.).
4) Sample solutions for various spaces and facilities (K-12 schools, office buildings, hotels, industrial, and more).