First-Of-Its-Kind Fixture Provides Active Disinfection Against Pathogens Like SARS-CoV-2 and Pollutants in Occupied Spaces and 99.99% Efficient Disinfection of Pathogens During Non-Occupancy.
December 7, 2020 – Pure Lighting Company, a leader in UV-C disinfection technologies, has launched a significant development in the new paradigm of pandemic-resistant building practices. The Hybrid UVC Disinfection Fixture provides 99.99% effective whole-room (surface and air) disinfection during times of non-occupancy, and safe & effective air-purification through 3-layers of disinfection. This product is now available and has been designed for use in high-traffic commercial facilities including, but not limited to, schools, universities, offices, restaurants, transportation hubs, and places of worship.
The costs incurred nationwide due to the COVID-19 pandemic are harrowing – over 280,000 deaths and an estimated economic hit of $16 trillion1. With the widespread approval, delivery, and application of a Covid-19 vaccine not due until at least mid-20212, implementation of effective pandemic-containment technologies in high-traffic facilities is paramount for reducing the damage caused by this disease.
“We are proud to offer an all-in-one solution that is safe and highly effective against SARS-CoV-2, that is future-ready against other pathogens and pollutants, and that fits into tight budgets,” says Daniel Litvin, president of Pure Lighting Company.
The Hybrid UVC Disinfection Fixture is designed to provide comprehensive disinfection treatments for areas of approximately 3,000 ft3. By providing 5-10 minute whole-room disinfection the fixture achieves 99% disinfection against exposed pathogens, and via air-purification during periods of occupation it works to maintain this high level of purity.
Continues Daniel Litvin, “This is a solution that works well in busy and important spaces like offices and schools. For example, a standard 900sqft classroom with only 3 of these units can undergo a 5-minute whole-room comprehensive treatment and this level of disinfection can be well maintained with air purification during class.”
Occupied Operation: Air Purification
Active disinfection against pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2, allergens, and pollutants such as VOCs is actively provided during periods of occupation. A 60 cubic-feet per minute fan draws contaminated air through three layers of treatment:
- Two layers of HEPA filters – one at the air intake and the other at the exhaust. According to NASA, “HEPA-rated media provides superior performance for removing virtually 100% of particulates3.”
- Between HEPA filters, air is passed through a chamber where it is exposed to a high dosage of 254nm UVC light. UVC lighting at the 254nm range is proven to disinfect pathogens including SARS-CoV-24.
Unoccupied Operation: Whole-Room Disinfection
Whole-Room UVC treatment treats high contact surfaces like desks and provides an added layer of air disinfection such that 99.99% of exposed pathogens are deactivated in a matter of minutes. This is a solution without harmful residues, fumes, or by-products and thereby treated areas are safe for use directly after treatment.
Pure Lighting’s app-based Intelli-Safe™ Controls provide added layers of safety and hands-off operation via automated scheduling functionality.
General Product Notes
- Listings: EPA Registered Establishment, UL Pending, CE, FCC, RoHS, SGS, RU (UL-listed lamps and sensor)
- Model Name: PHTUVC2322IS
- Lamp Lifespan: Estimated 10,000 hours or 6-10 years per recommended settings
- Filter Lifespan: Estimated 3-6 months per recommended settings
- For more information, please see the specifications sheet and contact us.
About Pure Lighting Company
Pure Lighting Company was created to offer profoundly simple solutions to profoundly important problems. We achieve our mission through a variety of services including engineered design, public coop-approved distributorship, and consultations for manufacturers and architects. Among our current endeavors includes Pure UVC – facility-wide UVC systems that provide safe and effective means of disinfection against SARS-CoV-2, other pathogens, and pollutants. Our proprietary Intelli-Safe app-based controls provide the backbone of these automated systems that reduce labor time and cost, while offering on-demand protection during the most critical of times and in our most critical of facilities.
Marketing and PR
Pure Lighting Company
Pure Lighting Company
(973) 915-3133 x150
- “The Economic Cost of COVID-19.” NBER, National Bureau of Economic Research, 16 Nov. 2020, www.nber.org/news/economic-cost-covid-19.
- “Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3 Dec. 2020, www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html.
- Perry, J.L., et al. “NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS).” NASA, NASA, 1 May 2016, ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/20170005166.
- Beggs CB, Avital EJ. 2020. Upper-room ultraviolet air disinfection might help to reduce COVID-19 transmission in buildings: a feasibility study. PeerJ 8:e10196 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.10196.